Natalia Shakhova, Igor Semiletov | Source
University of Alaska, Fairbanks, International Arctic Research Centre, USA
Russian Academy of Sciences, Far Eastern Branch, Pacific Oceanological Institute, Vladivostok, Russia “Opening the Arctic”, Washington, Nov.30th-Dec.2nd, 2010.
- What do we know about methane potential of the ESAS?
- Is there a mechanism responsible for transformation of methane potential to modern methane source?
- What are triggers forcing non-gradual modeof methane emission from the seabed?
- Is there a plausible mechanism, which could determine massive and abrupt methane releases?
- Why is the ESAS unique in its ability to accommodate huge methane potential?